A look at what YOU make possible!
We are currently serving 25 people, including:
- 8 Families
- 12 Children
- 3 Single Adults
Good news this month!
We say it all the time, but we’re happy to repeat it – we are so blessed to exist in such an amazing community! During these challenging times, we have been humbled by the outpouring of support you have shown us. Here are just a handful of the many incredible things that have happened at Talbot Interfaith Shelter this month!
* Snifters Craft Beer and Wine Bistro has provided dinner for all of the residents in our shelter and apartments Tuesday through Thursday for the past three weeks!
* LaMotte Chemicals from Chestertown donated a case of hand sanitizer!
* Eat Sprout has frequently donated meals for our shelter and apartment guests, as well as our hard-working staff!
* Hill’s Cafe and Juice Bar is providing weekly grocery boxes for the guests in our apartments, AND has raised an astounding $1300 through their Saturday pancake breakfast giveaways!
* Several wonderful supporters have donated hand-sewn reusable face masks for our guests and staff!
* A group of donors from Christ Church St. Michaels created a meal fund that allows us to support our business partners by purchasing dinner from local restaurants on nights when we don’t have a volunteer available to provide meals!
* Hope Returned, Inc. made a generous donation to our meal fund, and provided Walmart gift cards for each child in our program so that they could purchase something that would provide them with some “hope” during this time!
* University of Maryland Extension program has been providing weekly deliveries of fresh ingredients as well as a recipe for preparing a healthy meal!
* Willow Construction made a generous donation to our $15,000 match program!
* Many TIS supporters have gone out of their way to make sure we have essentials such as toilet paper, paper towels, cleaning supplies, diapers, and more. We especially want to recognize Pat Hervey and Liz Hershey, whose response to our supply requests has been over and above what we could have expected!
Read the rest of the newsletter HERE!