Talbot Interfaith Shelter (TIS) is dedicated to ending homelessness on Maryland’s Mid-Shore by providing Shelter, Stability, Support, and a path to Success for families and individuals in need.
TIS seeks an Assistant to the Director of Operations who has a desire to build a career and serve as a productive member of our team.
This is a part-time position—between 20 and 32 hours per week.
Pay rate begins at $16/hour.
• Assist the Director of Operations in all tasks necessary to keep Talbot Interfaith Shelter a safe, efficient and productive organization.
• Maintain a safe, supportive, clean environment within the 2 shelter homes (Easton’s Promise for families and Evelyn’s Place for singles).
• Monitor facilities to maintain safety for clients, employees and volunteers.
• Assist in cleaning and resetting rooms in Easton’s Promise, Evelyn’s Place and TIS transitional apartments.
• Keep shelters clean, restocked and up to TIS standards.
• Transport donations and furniture in TIS vehicles to apartments, storage units and/or to other organizations serving a similar population.
• Transport program participants to appointments.
• Participate in program meetings and relevant trainings as required.
• Assist Executive Director and Director of Operations in filing and other office work.
• Assist Director of Operations with all holiday arrangements and deliveries.
• Adhere to agency policies, procedures and professional code of ethics.
• Complete all duties as assigned. Other duties as necessary.
• Ability to maintain clear personal and professional boundaries. Strict confidentiality is a must.
• Ability to work effectively in a constantly changing and sometimes demanding environment.
• Ability to lift, push, pull 50 pounds.
• Ability to respond responsibly and calmly in emergency and crisis situations.
• Ability to communicate well both orally and in written form, and ability to follow detailed instructions.
• Computer skills including use of email and Microsoft Word necessary.
• Candidate must have a valid, clean driver’s license and reliable transportation. Remote work is not available for this position.
• Must be able to work holidays.
• CPR, BLS and AED certifications a plus.
• Candidate must submit to drug test and background check.
• Candidate must be fully vaccinated.