The Talbot Interfaith Shelter difference:
Talbot Interfaith Shelter was formed in 2008 by a group of concerned members of Talbot County faith communities. We operated as a “homeless” homeless shelter for five years, rotating between faith communities during the cold weather months and serving 5 individuals at a time. In 2014, we received a permit to operate a year-round shelter facility at a former bed and breakfast called Easton’s Promise, and in June of 2022 we opened Evelyn’s Place, a shelter with capacity for ten individuals. We have developed our S4 Program (Shelter, Stability, Support, Success), which includes case management, educational programming, and subsidized transitional housing.
We are dedicated to ending homelessness on Maryland’s Mid-Shore by providing Shelter, Stability, Support, and a path to Success for families and individuals in need. We have been consistently serving guests with not only shelter, but education, guidance, and the tools required to rise above homelessness. TIS seeks an exceptional Homeless Shelter Assistant Case Manager who has a desire to learn and to build a career in case management.
- Manage and support operational practices
- Maintain a safe and welcoming shelter facility
- Maintain strict confidentiality within the organization and community
- Provide daily operations oversight and case management
- Supervise employees
- Collaborate with other shelters in the Mid-Shore area
- Be proficient in all local resources available to people struggling with poverty
- Work with staff and Board of Directors
- Previous experience in Case Management
- Effective management skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong communication skills
- Empathy for and the desire to help others
- Current valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Counseling experience
- Ability to work side-by-side with TIS Director of Operations
- Ability to work as a team with other TIS employees
To apply for this position, contact Julie Lowe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-310-2316.